White chocolate rocky road
When I saw this recipe for white chocolate rocky road, I knew that I’d have to bake it with Little One on one of our Wednesdays together. She was so excited to come to the shops with me (it has been a while because of Covid 19), and was intrigued by baking without using the oven! We had such a lovely day together this week, and this was definitely her highlight. The party rings work so well here, and I was surprised by how well they kept their crunch. It’s worth buying the mini version for the top, as they fit nicely in the baking tray.
White chocolate rocky road: ingredients
600g white chocolate
30g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
50g pistachios, roughly chopped (we ended up using blanched almonds, as our local supermarket didn’t have pistachios)
125g pack Party Rings, bashed into pieces
100g pink and white mini marshmallows
110g pack Party Rings Minis, to decorate
1.Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tray.
2. Melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, then add the butter and stir until smooth. Reserve ⅓ of the mixture.
3. Carefully take the bowl off the pan and set aside to cool for 10 mins.
4. Stir the cooled chocolate mixture to loosen; mix in the pistachios, biscuit pieces and mini mallows.
5. Tip the mixture into the tin and smooth down the top. Pour over the reserved chocolate mixture. Arrange the Party Ring Minis on the topping to decorate, gently pressing them down.
6. Chill the rocky road in the fridge for at least 2 hrs or preferably overnight, until set. Then cut into pieces to serve (the original recipe says 30 pieces, but we cut bigger ones!).
Hello! Hooray! shop
Newsletter sign up
Hello! Hooray! loves
Hello! Hooray! loves is a selection of amazing creative indie businesses that I want to support by having links to them on my site. These are not affiliate links, just fantastic people who I want to support, and I think you should check them out!