This ‘Super Soup’ lives up to its name – it’s really healthy and tastes delicious! And it doesn’t take very long to make, which means that you could whip up a batch during the week. You can pretty much put any vegetables you like in a soup, but this seems to work well as a combination! This will make a huge pan of soup, which you can freeze in batches if you wish.
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 medium sized leeks,
2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
600ml boiling water (you can always add more if you need to)
1 heaped tbsp bouillon
a handful of mushrooms
250g red lentils
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic, and then heat the oil in a large stock pan before adding them to the pan.
2. Chop the leeks and carrots and add them to the pan once the onions have softened a little. Add the tomatoes, water and bouillon and stir well. Leave to simmer for a few minutes.
3. Next, chop the peppers and mushrooms. Add to the pan with the lentils, stir well and season (I don’t add extra salt here because the bouillon is quite salty, but do this to your own taste).
4. Put the lid on and leave to simmer away until the carrots and lentils are cooked. Use a hand blender to blend to your preferred consistency.
5. Enjoy with some crusty bread or oatcakes 🙂
Newsletter sign up
Sign up to my newsletter, 'Take time out to be creative' - it only drops in your inbox once or twice a month, and is packed full of creative inspiration.