Sun dried tomato and parmesan bread
I have wanted to make this delicious sun dried tomato and parmesan bread from scratch for some time now, because we usually buy the packet mix (which is super tasty). I always thought it would be more complicated to make than it actually is, and it only takes an extra 5-10 minutes to prepare in comparison to the packet mix. So I’ll definitely be doing this again – the extra minutes are more than worth it! Bread-making is such a satisfying thing to do. Why not try it this weekend?
I originally found this recipe on Good To Know.
425g (15oz) wholesome white flour
40g (1 and 1/2oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
50g (2oz) sundried tomatoes, chopped and drained from oil
3tbsp sundried tomato paste
2tbsp finely chopped oregano or rosemary plus a few extra sprigs
7g sachet easy bake yeast
325ml (11fl oz) warm water
1. Put the flour, salt, Parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes and paste into a large bowl. Add the chopped herbs and yeast, then pour in the warm water.
2. Mix together with your hands until the mixture combines to make a rough dough ball.
3. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and stretch and knead the dough for 10 mins until smooth and elastic.
4. Shape the dough – either into 8 rolls or a loaf. The original recipe says to shape it into a 23cm (9inch) round which can then be put into a greased 23cm (9inch) round tin. Press lots of indentations into the top of the bread with your finger. Scatter over a few extra herbs, drizzle with some of the olive oil from the sundried tomatoes and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
5. Cover loosely with cling film. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size. (This will take about 30-40 mins.)
6. Preheat the oven to 220°C/ fan 200°C/ gas 7. Bake the bread for 35 mins for a loaf, or 15-20 mins for rolls. When ready the bread should be golden in colour. To test to see if the loaf or roll is ready, upturn and tap the base – it should sound hollow.
7. Leave to cool a little on a wire rack and then enjoy! 🙂
Enjoy your sun dried tomato and parmesan bread with some delicious home made soup! Click here for the recipes for spicy parsnip, red lentil and chorizo or roast carrot and butternut squash.
Find all of the blog posts from The Happy Stitch Project here! 👇🏻
Newsletter sign up
Sign up to my newsletter, 'Take time out to be creative' - it only drops in your inbox once or twice a month at the most, and is packed full of creative inspiration.
[…] I posted the recipe for sun dried tomato and parmesan bread, and it was really popular! So I thought that I’d post the soup that we made to go with it in […]
I think I want to come to your house for tea!
Oh that would be lovely! 🙂 X