Sticky honey, almond and banana cake
We have friends staying this weekend and I’m a firm believer that there should always be cake in the house when people come to stay. So I made this old favourite – it’s actually the only way me and Tom will eat bananas! I use my brownie pan to make this sticky honey almond and banana cake in, which requires double the amounts shown here (and it makes 4 muffins too). I found this recipe on a card in Waitrose – I get lots of free recipes from there!
125g self raising flour
50g ground almonds
100g butter, cubed
100g light muscovado sugar
150g runny honey
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 medium eggs, beaten
25g flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4. Grease and line a 28 x 17cm tin.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the ground almonds. Place the butter, sugar and honey together in a small pan and heat gently until completely melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes.
3. Add the melted ingredients to the bowl and add the banana and beaten eggs. Beat well to give a smooth mixture before pouring into the prepared tin.
4. Level the surface and scatter over the flaked almonds. Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and firm to touch.
5. Turn onto a wire rack to cool and then cut into pieces.
This mixture makes excellent muffins as well as cake pieces. Enjoy with a cuppa! 🙂
Hello! Hooray! shop
Newsletter sign up
Let's get social!
Hello! Hooray! loves
Hello! Hooray! loves is a selection of amazing creative indie businesses that I want to support by having links to them on my site. These are not affiliate links, just fantastic people who I want to support, and I think you should check them out!