Primrose Bakery ginger sparkle cookies
These Primrose Bakery ginger sparkle cookies are so delicious and are really sparkly! Although I’m sharing this in December, they would make a wonderful treat all year round for a special occasion. Easy to make, they are a perfect bake to make with children too! They are a great festive treat to enjoy as you wrap up your presents – something that I shall be doing a bit last-minute this year!
This recipe is taken from Primrose Bakery Christmas, which makes a brilliant gift (affiliate link).
Ingredients (makes 15-20 cookies)
280g plain flour
2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
180g unsalted butter, at room temperature
225g golden caster sugar
60g molasses sugar or dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp water
80g coarse or granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C (fan) / gas mark 4. Lightly grease a couple of baking trays and line with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flours, spices, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
4. On a low speed, add all the sifted dry ingredients and mix until the dough just comes together. Add the water and mix to combine. Wrap the dough in cling film and form into a long sausage shape, before leaving to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Put the course or granulated sugar into a bowl. Cute the dough into 15-20 evenly sized pieces the roll each one into a ball. Roll each dough ball in the bowl of sugar, then place them evenly spaced out on the trays (allow at least 3cm to allow the cookies to spread when baking).
6. Bake for 15-18 minute, until the edges of the cookies are slightly firm and the centre is still a little soft. Let them cool on the trays for about 5 minutes before removing.
7. These cookies are delicious warm, so enjoy once they have cooled a little more. Keep the rest in an air tight tin. Enjoy!
Are you ready for Christmas?!
I certainly don’t feel like I am! I’m hoping to make another batch of Primrose Bakery ginger sparkle cookies if I have the time… If you need another last-minute idea, how about these wonderful biscuits?
If you’re in the North East of England and you need a last-minute gift idea, how about booking a place on the Craftitude workshop? Hosted by me and the wonderful Sarah from Simple Happy Life on 1st February 2020 at The Biscuit Factory in Newcastle upon Tyne. Click here for tickets and more details – we’d love to see you there!
Find all of the blog posts from The Happy Stitch Project here! 👇🏻
Newsletter sign up
Sign up to my newsletter, 'Take time out to be creative' - it only drops in your inbox once or twice a month at the most, and is packed full of creative inspiration.