First attempt at buttonholes
Tonight I started work on something that I’ve been worrying about – buttonholes! I put together a piece of practice ‘waistcoat’ with some scraps that were left over. I started sewing them by hand, but this proved more difficult than I imagined! I thought I’d be able to control it much more easily than on the machine, but it was really tough. So, having said that I wouldn’t try machining them, I thought I might as well have a go. It was actually easier than I thought and looks a lot neater. But I still need to do loads of practice before it’ll feel confident enough to do one on an actual waistcoat! Wish me luck…I think I’m going to need it!
Find all of the blog posts from The Happy Stitch Project here! 👇🏻
Hello! Hooray! shop
Newsletter sign up
Hello! Hooray! loves
Hello! Hooray! loves is a selection of amazing creative indie businesses that I want to support by having links to them on my site. These are not affiliate links, just fantastic people who I want to support, and I think you should check them out!