Chorizo Bean Burgers
Before I went to Madrid, I asked Tom if he wanted me to bring anything back for him – he asked for chorizo. I didn’t fancy putting one in my suitcase (which, considering what happened to the suitcase in question, was probably a good thought to have had!) so I decided to chance it and see if they had some at duty free. Thankfully they did! It was quite a large chorizo, ironically labelled as a ‘mini chorizo’, so they must make some huge ones if they class this as being mini! We decided to look for a new recipe including chorizo and found this on the BBC Good Food website.
100g cooking chorizo, skin removed
3 pork sausages, skins removed
¼ tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp lime juice
small bunch coriander, chopped
½ x 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
1½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
soured cream, avocado, small handful rocket and chips to serve (optional)
1. In a food processor, pulse the chorizo, sausagemeat, paprika, lime juice and coriander until well combined. Add the beans and some seasoning, and quickly pulse again to mix.
2. Tip into a bowl and mix in just enough egg (about half) to bind. Shape into 2 fat burgers, cover and chill for 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the burgers for 3 mins on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 10 mins until cooked through.
5. Serve the burgers in rolls with soured cream, avocado and rocket, with chips and lime wedges on the side, if you like. Enjoy!
Hello! Hooray! shop
Newsletter sign up
Let's get social!
Hello! Hooray! loves
Hello! Hooray! loves is a selection of amazing creative indie businesses that I want to support by having links to them on my site. These are not affiliate links, just fantastic people who I want to support, and I think you should check them out!