Easter is so late this year! I’m so ready for a holiday and looking forward to having some family time together. But it wouldn’t be Easter without a little treat or two, and this year I found this simple and delicious recipe for Mini Egg rocky road, which really is a treat! You can make it with or without the fruit, depending on your taste. It’s super easy to make so will be perfect if you need a last-minute Easter treat!
This recipe is originally from BBC Good Food online.
225g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
100g unsalted butter, cubed
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp golden syrup
100g rich tea biscuits
50g mini marshmallows (chop up larger ones if you can’t find these)
50g dried cranberries
200g chocolate mini eggs
1. Line a 20 x 30cm traybake tin with 2 sheets of cling film (in a criss-cross pattern). Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, and melt until smooth and glossy.
2. Remove from the heat and add the cocoa powder and golden syrup. Mix together until fully combined and leave to cool at room temperature for about 15 mins.
3. Put the biscuits in a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to bash them, leaving some pieces chunkier than others. Stir into the cooled chocolate with the marshmallows, cranberries and 150g of the mini eggs.
4. Pour the mix into the tin and press down with the back of a spoon until even. Scatter over the remaining mini eggs, pressing them in a little, and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hr.
5. Remove from the tin and cut into bars to serve. Will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container – if you can make them last that long! 🙂