I’ve been so excited to tell you about our wedding day and have finally got the time to sit down (with a cuppa, obviously!) to write a post about it! As many of you already know, we spent lots of time planning and making various things for the day – there have already been several posts about my wedding waistcoats but I’m planning to do a few more about other things that we made too, so watch out for them over the next few days! It was important to us that our friends and family played a part in the day, so many of them helped out too – a huge thank you to you all 🙂 Continue reading…
After months of planning and making, today I finally finished the waistcoats for our wedding! To be honest, there were many times when I didn’t think I’d get them done, and an equal number of times when I wondered why on earth I had decided to start in the first place…but today I’m so pleased that they have turned out better than I thought and that they all fit! 🙂
I must say a huge thank you to my Mum, Tom’s Mum and our lovely friend Hilary for all of their help – I really could not have done it without you! And also thank you to Tom, who has put up with me sewing at every spare minute since the start of the year, and also has been very supportive throughout (I’ve had many meltdowns over these waistcoats). He still wants to marry me, so that’s a good sign!
Super excited to see the men in them on the day! Less than 4 weeks to go now – yippee!
Our wedding preparations are in full swing – only just over a month to go (which explains why I haven’t been able to blog as much recently!). I had set myself a deadline for finishing the six waistcoats by the end of June, which hasn’t quite happened but I suppose it is only the beginning of July! I have finished two of them though and I’m so happy with how they have turned out 🙂 This one is Tom’s – he has an extra special one with snazzy buttons that I embroidered (I’ll do another post about the button-making when I’ve got a bit more time!). I’m really pleased with how they turned out, and the hearts, leaves and flower tie in nicely with the embroidery around the top. Continue reading…
Tonight I started work on something that I’ve been worrying about – buttonholes! I put together a piece of practice ‘waistcoat’ with some scraps that were left over. I started sewing them by hand, but this proved more difficult than I imagined! I thought I’d be able to control it much more easily than on the machine, but it was really tough. So, having said that I wouldn’t try machining them, I thought I might as well have a go. It was actually easier than I thought and looks a lot neater. But I still need to do loads of practice before it’ll feel confident enough to do one on an actual waistcoat! Wish me luck…I think I’m going to need it!
I’ve been doing some more sewing for our wedding today, and am pleased that I’ve finished waistcoat number four out of six (minus the buttons and buttonholes…still not been brave enough to start those yet!). I’ve set myself a target for the end of June to have them all done, so I’m right on track at the moment..let’s see how long that lasts…I made some labels for the hangers today too, because I was starting to get a bit confused about which waistcoat was which – so now I know 🙂 Yay, super excited!
Today was one of those days where I spent more time undoing mistakes than anything else! I’ve been working on Tom’s waistcoat for our wedding and eventually managed to get it put together after forgetting to leave an opening to turn it inside out and forgetting to sew the neck together (only realising having turned it the right way round). So now I’ve written a reminder on the pattern because this is the second time I’ve forgotten about the neck! Continue reading…