Wow, it has been a really long time since my last blog post! A LOT has been going on here, but I really wanted to get a post up before our second baby arrives soon. I’m 39 weeks now so it could be any time (please!). These white chocolate mini egg blondies seemed like the perfect thing to post in the run up to Easter.
There’s something about being really heavily pregnant that makes me just want to bake! Maybe it’s a nesting thing, or maybe it’s just because it’s something easy to do with delicious results – who knows?! When I was pregnant with Little One, I made a batch of lemon curd and some flapjacks the day before she was born. It has been lovely to make things with her this time round – although I made these during her nap time so that she wouldn’t eat all of the mini eggs in the process! I found this recipe on the Lakeland blog, and it’s really easy to make this delicious Easter treat.
270g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
170g unsalted butter, softened
100g caster sugar
135g light soft brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs, beaten
200g white chocolate chips (or a block of chocolate chopped into small chunks works fine)
1 or 2 90g packets of mini eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 190c/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 12″ x 9″ traybake tin (I used my brownie pan – anything roughly 1″ deep will be fine).
2. Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and mix together. Set aside.
3. Place the butter, sugars and vanilla extract in a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, cream together until combined.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
5. Add the flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Stir in the white chocolate chips and mini eggs until combined.
6. Press the mix into the traybake tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 squares. Enjoy!
These blondies are so yummy, they didn’t really last long! I’ll have to make another batch before Easter I think. Depending on what happens with our new arrival! I’m hoping to get back into blogging more regularly once things have settled down a bit – I know that’s not the first time I have said that here, but I know I’ve been neglecting this little space a lot and I want to get back to it. So fingers crossed, there will be more posts in the not too distant future!