It’s that time of year when we tend to look back at last year and look ahead to to the new one. I’m never that keen on making resolutions – this is because I very rarely keep them beyond January, and it usually means that I focus on something negative that I think I need to fix! If you were reading my blog this time last year, you may remember that I came up with some crafty plans instead – the main one of these was (apparently) to learn to crochet. Well, I didn’t quite manage that, oops! My other plans were achieved though 🙂 I wanted to make a quilt (I made two) and learn how to make my own stamps (which I did too – yay!).
So what about 2015? I’ve decided to set some goals for the year – I know that this works better for me (ignoring the crochet thing…). Some of them are craft related and others are not, but I am going to try my best to work at them all! Here they are, in no particular order…
1. Do more exercise. 2014 was the year of sitting; this year is going to be the year that I move more and eat healthily! But that doesn’t mean no cake – just more moving to balance it out. I have already printed out the 30-day squat challenge chart and a circuits for legs chart thingy (both of which I used in the run-up to our wedding, so I know they work for me). I’m also going to try to go swimming at least once a week. There – I said it, so I can do it! Huh! 🙂
2. Have more structured crafting days. I’m SO unbelievably lucky to have two days a week to do this, but I sometimes feel like I faff on a bit and then by Sunday night I’m wishing I’d done things differently! Maybe that’s just Sunday night blues, but I’m going to try to organise my time a little better and see how it goes. This will be easier once the builders have gone, and I’m going to have a good think about this before I set a loose schedule-type-thing.
3. Connect with other bloggers. This is the fun bit, but it’s often the bit that I’m least good at! Having more organised time on my blogging days should help with this, and I’m planning to read and comment on more blogs than I do currently. I’m also super excited to be going to Blogtacular this summer, so it will be nice to meet people in person!
4. Appreciate the little things. I’m taking on the 365 Grateful challenge to try to focus on this every day.
5. Let it go. No, I don’t mean like in Frozen (I have managed to avoid seeing this so far – go, me!). What I mean is that I’m going to try not to beat myself up about things, which I do quite a lot. Life is far too short for that. So I’ll focus on my number 4 goal, and not worry about numbers 1 -3 if I don’t quite manage them today. And if I don’t manage number 5 today, I can try again tomorrow.
I’m also looking forward to seeing new places, making new things (possibly crochet – who knows?!) and improving my photography skills this year. And I’ll obviously be sharing all of these things with you here! 🙂 What are your goals for 2015?